Pronged Pool



Fox prowling in the garden

 Last week I did a really stupid thing. When the iced was an inch thick on all the bird baths and feeders, I pronged them with my large fork, and then I pronged the new pool as well. I saw myself doing it but too late to stop. The damage is slight, but with a pool it doesn't matter how slight it is, the water leaks
out. So I am now waiting for my grandson Lawrence to either mend it or replace it, and I feel very foolish indeed. 

My pool with the black bit showing where I pronged it

The pool is new, that is to say Lawrence laid it for me last summer, so I'm hoping to attract all sorts of things to it. I had frogs straight away, about seven I think, but I'm hoping for some flying insects as well. 
The pool, showing its small size - and how empty it has become!

Anyway he is coming this week and we shall see what he decides to do.  I only stuck the fork in one side, but it only needs the slightest leak and the water will all drain away. 

Meanwhile, there are now two foxes on my garden shed and I suspect they have a family in someone else's garden nearby. 

Fox gazing down from shed roof

So soon there should be the little foxes, galloping about and causing trouble. I'd rather have them than the cats, actually and they do keep those away.


Comments

  1. I hope your pool is soon watertight again - the wind blew over my little plastic greenhouse that I use to protect young seedlings, - although I'd tethered it to the fence ! I miss it, as you will be missing your pool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment