The pond


Lawrence's pond, a beautiful clear water with silver grass and small white stones

 For years I have had a pond, a tiny little one, in which frogs lurked,  hidden by a tree peony. The other day, my grandson, Lawrence. who had just created a pond in his garden, brought me the rest of the liner he used to create his pond. 

My  old pond, hidden by surrounding growth
 
It is about three times the size of the first pond and has at least four frogs in it. I've also introduced three plants in sizeable containers and it's beginning to look quite settled although it's only been there for two weeks.                                                                              
A view of the new pond Lawrence has made for me
I view of the new pond with specially chosen plants 

Two of the frogs from the old pond

But the thing it has really done is provide a place to sit. The garden is very narrow and long. There have been places to sit, of course, but this is what it didn't have before, somewhere to just be. I can count the birds, count the frogs, fall asleep if I want to, but mainly I feel part of the garden.  

                                               

                Two hover flies investigating the new water plants
   
                        

 

Comments

Post a Comment