The Fox in Autumn


There has been a new little fox in my garden this year. I think it is a female. Provided there is a shrub or something between us it she happy to be with me in the garden at a distance of about 5ft. 


The garden seems to be her 'drawing room'. I keep an eye open for a den - I don't want a den in the garden. I have surrounded the walls with old bins and other things which will make it difficult to make one. And the gardens opposite have two unused gardens so I think she will use them first. She is visited quite often by a friend and they race round the garden playing games and squealing. 

                                  



We are so near Kings Cross and therefore the World here that I am afraid this street will change from a very mixed centre and become the home for rich people. It has already started. The house next but one to mine has been upgraded. It has taken a year, with a workmen's loo in the front garden.  It will all take time, but what a pity. 

The leaves are falling from the trees and the autumn flowers are out but I love this time of year when some of the summer flowers are still bravely putting on a show. I have a sweet pea which is still flowering and a musk mallow (part of my wilding).  

                                 

Sweet pea and musk mallow 

I am  very fond of two plants my sister gave me for summer which are still flowering: one is a Bacopa monnieri  and the other is one I'd never heard of before, bright yellow little flowers in abundance. It's called Sanvitalia  and flowers from May right through to autumn. 

                                                 

 My granddaughter came to stay for a week from York and she and her friend  made me a little wool sculpture from the garden. 

Comments