Interest in November

The berries of a bamboo which will turn bright red later on

The leaves  have gone a wonderful colour this year, perhaps because of the very hot weather we've had and so little rain. It has been a very hot year  but we have been lucky in this country. Although we have had bad floods we have not been clearing remote villages of completely broken down buildings and have not been out of the way of help. On 6th February a series of earthquakes in Syria and Turkey killed over 55,000 people and injured another 100,000. 0n 8th September in Morocco 3,000 people died and 2,500 were badly injured in an earthquake.

In the meantime, as the cold weather begins to take a hold in this country, I think we should remember the good things about the weather last summer, so here are a few pictures to cheer us up. 

This splendid view of a Virginia Creeper a few doors down from me always gives me a splendid view in autumn. 

Lots of people in London made our pavements cheerful  by planting mini gardens in them. This, together with individuals watering newly planted trees instead of waiting for council employees to do it is good. 

There is not a lot growing in the garden, but what there is does make it look good. I try to have something floral out at all times of year. At present I have a Fatsia japonica which seeded itself a while ago and is looking good  and there's still plenty of greenery. 


Fatsia Japonica with its great big leaves and white flowers
 

There is a new fox, I think a female on the block.

Very pretty young fox

She likes my garden very much and I watched her polish off an enormous cooking apple from my tree the other day. I was worried about her making a den here but I know of two gardens across the way which are empty so I think she's more likely to go there. 



 




Comments

  1. Thank you Barty, this is very engaging in the round; I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment