It's Warmer Indoors

Viburnum farreri 

I wasn't out much in the garden last week because I had a visitor in the form of a mouse which spent an evening running about on the sofa, scuttling under the fridge, and eventually disappearing into the cupboard under the sink. I had a look in the cupboard where I found lots of gnawed scraps of hardboard and a gap where the waste pipe went underground. A box of dusters had obviously been a nice warm nest for this mouse but although I liked its friendly attitude (it even let me take photos), once it had become so cheeky I didn't want it around permanently. So I spent all the next day day on my hands and knees casting out old cleaning products, squeegees, dusters, and general paraphernalia, vacuuming, scrubbing and getting cramp. Then I sealed every little gap with gaffer tape. So there! 

                                              

I thought it might  be a field mouse because of its means of entry but house or field I was happy to have solved the problem. That evening I was enjoying a well-deserved TV binge  of What We Do in the Shadows when the mouse skated by and disappeared under the fridge. What am I going to do now I wonder?

Meanwhile the garden is getting on perfectly well without me and the Viburnum farreri, in the front  is in full flower looking suitably snowy for these chilly days.  It is such good value being sweetly-scented, good for cutting and it certainly cheers up the street. 


                                             Viburnum farreri - snowy in the street

Another snowy white flower in the front garden is the indispensable little creeping Bacopa monnieri or water hyssop which is not only perennial but flowers ceaselessly all through the summer and is still going strong. 

Bacopa in raised bed

                                                                                                                                                  
Viburnum detail

Bacopa detail


Comments