THE RAIN


Enjoying the rain
Because I have been indoors all summer except for the watering and for a short while in the evening when I read a book in the garden it seems really strange that it is almost autumn. 

It's raining now and will go on for most of the day. Outside it is gloomy and this is the first time for about two months that it has rained properly here. I am so delighted. The pots and one or two garden plants (for example the tree fern and the white hydrangea) I have been watering every day. 

Tree fern brought back to life by watering everyday
I can still carry the small watering cans but the larger ones I can only manage half full. I wait until the sun has gone in the evening and then  I do the watering but it is getting more and more difficult so I am delighted to see the rain. 
My watering cans
There are two  young foxes in the garden. There are also several new dogs in the area which means the foxes only come in the evening when the dogs are indoors. Recently they seem to be more aware that the dogs can't get into the garden and have been sleeping on the roof again, not necessarily but sometimes, together.  
Fox investigating the pond

There have been few butterflies in the garden this year. There are many more tiny flies and moths too brought by the wild flowers and since that is the whole point of the garden, I am pleased.   

Comments

  1. What a joy to have both the rain and Barty’s blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment