![]() |
| Hibiscus and hydrangea |
The garden has plenty of things that don't need watering, such as the roses and the wildflowers but there are some things that really do need it, like the tree fern which comes originally from up in the mountains where there is always a mist and needs watering every day. It's tricky as it's quite tall and lifting the watering can up is difficult. However, the water I give it seems to be working and, although many of its leaves were dying, they all seem to be coping well now.
![]() |
| Tree fern, doing OK if I water it every day |
I put in ten foxgloves to flower next year and unfortunately they do need watering and they are all over the garden, not usefully in one place. In one place however, are the hibiscus and hydrangea so although they do need watering every day, I can do them together. What a relief!
And then there are the pots: I have three with tiny tomatoes and four single bright red dahlias, loved by bees and other flying things.
The pool has frogs in it and must be watered for them. It is covered in a green growth which I don't seem to be able to stop. The frogs have it all over themselves, but they don't seem to mind. Perhaps it protects them from the fox.
![]() |
| Frog in the pond with green growth |






Your hibiscus is a lovely colour. I hadn't realised until recently how many different shades they come in - and your tree fern looks really pleased with itself or with you for keeping it alive ! Rom
ReplyDelete