Things that Don't Need Watering

Honeysuckle 
We have had hardly any rain for about two months. I really love the things that don't need watering in a garden that is full of dried leaves. For a start there is the honeysuckle  which is now in flower and  loves the heat. I haven't watered it at all and it is coping marvellously. 
Honeysuckle
Then there is the geranium Rosanne, which  this year has seeded itself so I now have two. It is a  late flowerer and goes right on into autumn  with a beautiful blue flower. The flowers are smaller this year because of the drought, but there seem to be as many of them. Other geraniums which haven't need watering are Johnson's Blue and Rose Clair which seeds itself all over the place. 

Geranium 'Rosanne'
And, of course, there are the wild flowers of which I have many now, some of them self seeded from the ones I sowed last year in pots. I don't know what they all are but they have chosen where to put themselves this year and are doing well including the musk mallow.  


Musk mallow

Bright red nasturtium

Bee on autumn raspberry

The wild flowers attract many bees and other flying things. I don't know what they all are, but they are what I am aiming for in the garden. 

Comments