Black Flowers


Almost black scabious

I have some very dark flowers in the garden at this time of year. There is an almost black Scabious atropurpurea, which keeps putting out new flowers. It's been flowering for ages and I have just seen some new buds. I really love it and hope it will come back next near. 

Scabious atropurpurea

There is also a Clematis jackmanii which is a late summer flowerer. I had one and lost it so this is the second year of the new one and it is doing really well. It is very floriferous and I love its small purple flowers, which go on for ages. 

Clematis jackmanii a lovely late flowerer

Clematis jackmanii 

The blue hibiscus has done well this year. It got very restricted in a pot so I put it in the garden and it has really benefited. 

Blue hibiscus

I went for a walk in Caledonian Park recently and discovered a painting on a huge wall to commemorate the Windrush  generation. It is  really wonderful. Apparently they are going to do more, so I shall keep my eye on it. 



Comments