The Fox

                                                                            
Family of foxes on the shed roof (taken by my neighbour)

Young fox on shed roof

I have a small fox in the garden and keep a careful  eye on it to be sure it doesn't make a home there. I know there are two empty gardens opposite so I'm OK for the time being. Occasionally it meets up with another young fox and they play together and very occasionally the whole family meet up on the top of my shed, but on the whole, it's on its own in the garden. Perhaps because of that it seems to want to make friends by coming nearer and nearer to the house and appearing in the garden when I'm there. So far it always escapes when I get too close. It seems very healthy. There were two to begin with but one of them disappeared very fast so it is lonely, I think. 



The fox

I've been away for two weeks and the garden has become very overgrown in that time. There are all sorts of new flowers such as the beautiful dark clematis near the house and the other red one near the apple tree.
Clematis Mme Julia Correvon

Clematis Niobe 

The spectacular foxgloves by the yew hedge  have been feeding long-tongued bees. They still have enough flowers to last another couple of weeks I guess. These are not ordinary foxgloves, but short-lived perennials so should last a few years more and will maybe produce a few to pot on.  
 
Foxglove with bees

Comments