Local Pleasures

American Pillar?

Gardens all around are growing so fast at this time of year it's hard to keep up with it all. 

My own front garden wall and next door's steps are completely blanketed in the pinky red of a climbing rose that was here when I arrived and I don't know its name but I think it might be American Pillar. If anybody recognises it, do let me know. No smell, but a wonderful sight.  

Of the wildflowers in my garden the most outstanding at the moment are the marguerites (also known as Leucanthemum vulgare or ox-eye daisies) in a tub making a waving splash of white and yellow. They hardly need any care or attention and will go without water for far longer than you'd imagine. 

Almost opposite my front door there's a carefully designed pavement planting of great variety and colour that I very much admire. I really enjoy these miniature initiatives. They brighten up the street and provide habitats for so many insects. Thank you whoever creates them.

                                                                          

And I have just received some recent pictures of the Torriano Community Garden, Torriano Avenue, NW5 2ST mentioned in a previous blog,  which will be open for charity with the National Garden Scheme on Sunday 25th June from 2 to 6. £3.50, children free, teas. 

                                                                                                  



Comments

  1. I notice swathes of marguerites along some of the motorways now along with foxgloves and red campion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment